Welcome To Southwold Sea Training
Southwold Sea Training is a registered RYA Powerboat training centre based in the beautiful Suffolk seaside town of Southwold.
Southwold Sea Training is a division of Sail Southwold Ltd, a company which has been offering sailing and RIB Charters from Southwold Harbour since 2001.
We are dedicated to providing you with a quality standard of training at a very competitive price. We currently offer RYA Powerboat levels 1 and 2, intermediate and advanced, VHF SRC and PPR courses, own boat tuition, shore-based courses and tuition and powerboat instruction on an hourly basis.
Our principal, Marcus Gladwell, has over 35 years of nautical experience to pass onto his students. His qualifications include RYA Powerboat Instructor, RYA Advanced Commercial Powerboat and RYA Yacht Master Ocean Commercial Sail. He has sailed around the world twice and has been senior helm and crew of the Southwold Lifeboat for the past 24 years. See the 'Meet Our Instructors' page for full details of Marcus's qualifications.
So why choose us?
- Safety is our number 1 priority, our boats are fully MCA Category 5 coded
- Maximum 3:1 teaching ratio on all our powerboat courses (6:1 shore based)
- Good facilities, friendly staff and most importantly, knowledgeable instructors
- Competitive, fully inclusive prices with good discounts available
- We make powerboat training what it should be...fun!!